CTM Board Members held a meeting on April 22, 2014. The following members were in attendance:
President: Joel Schopp
Access Coordinator: Jason Mann
Treasurer: Neil Higa
Events Coordinator: Jennifer Wolken
1. Kelly Robb (Secretary) has unfortunately stepped down from her position. Evening Galvin has stepped in to fill the position. The board unanimously voted to make this change. We are very happy to bring her on.
2. The Board voted to create a couple of new appointed positions for members and include these members in our board member meetings. We agreed that because CTM’s membership base continues to grow, we need more help in trying to accomplish our goals. Possible positions would be Membership Management, Outreach, Website Management, etc. Hilary Pelham agreed to fill one or more of the positions/duties. We will reach out to more of our members to see who is interested. If interested, please fill out the form on the “Get Involved” page on our website.
3. Our Email Distribution list has been set up with MailChimp service, which will offer us a better platform for getting information to members. we discussed sending emails once every two months.
4. The Board voted to reimburse members for hardware expenses at North Shore and also to reimburse Neil for inventory stock of sport clips and bolts.
5. A Members Meeting and Social will be held May 15th at Opal Divine’s on South Congress at 7pm. The board agreed to make the Members Meeting a regularly held event (once every two months). Board Member Meetings would be held on the alternating months.
6. An AAC-sponsored “Send and Social” will be held (tentatively) on May 31st. Adam Mitchell has details.
7. A CTM “Education Event” will be held June 1st at Reimer’s. Classes would follow in the afternoon. This would include classes that were rained out at the Limestoner this year.
8. A Trail Day will be held on National Trails Day (June 7th). Tommy Blackwell will lead. APF has events for Austin-area parks, but North Shore needs some work. Location TBD.
9. The Limestoner made approximately $5800 this year, almost double what has been made in past years. We made $1221 of the total funds through silent auction donations. We had 114 participants, though more pre-registered and did not attend (possibly due to weather concerns). We gained 24 new CTM members the day-of and leading up to the event.
10. Safety Classes: The board feels that climbing safety and education is an important topic to address. To that end, we agreed to use CTM funds (raised at the Limestoner) to sponsor safety classes hosted by area guide groups. A proposal and action plan will be drafted and sent to guide groups.
11. Medicine Wall Update. A development company (Bitter Blue) owns the property and does not allow climbing. A formal letter has been drafted requesting access and will be sent to the company. The company is already talking to the City of San Antonio about transferring ownership of the property to the City. If that happens, it would be easy to manage access through the City.
12. New Wall: Still closed. We discussed the idea of starting a letter campaign to city council.