We had over 120 people register for the competition this year, and gained a lot of new members to our climbing community. Thank you to everyone who came out!
|Congratulations to all of our winners for this year’s Limestoner competition. Everyone did an amazing job and scored some sweet prizes from Sterling Rope, PMI, La Sportiva, 5.10, Mad Rock, Austin Rock Gym, Intuitive Massage, Lost Soles, and Metolius!|
|We had to do a tie-breaker for this one! Sarah and Emily both put up a fight in arm wrestling, with Sarah coming out on top!|
|We had to do a tie-breaker for this one too! Minna and Elizabeth went head to head in an arm wrestling competition. After an epic battle, Minna came out on top as the winner!|
|We had a couple really impressive youth climbers! Ashleigh won the category, averaging 5.11 climbing! Nice!|
|Lars beat last years’ Limestoner speed record of 8.2 seconds with a record shattering 6.93 seconds! Check out the video!|
|SPEED CLIMBING- WOMEN|
|Evening won for the women this year with an impressive 16.43 seconds made on her first try!|
|SPEED CLIMBING- YOUTH|
|Morgan gave an impressive run for the youth category! 43.23 seconds!|
|Du managed to climb 126 routes in 8 hours. That’s one route every 3.8 minutes!|
We had some great photography featured in the slideshow and shared on Facebook. Who knew climbers were so talented? If you’re interested in sharing your photographs on our website, please contact Jennifer Wolken. Thank you to the photographers below for sharing their photos.
Weldon McKenzie’s photos [weldhalcyon(at)gmail.com]
Adam Hosterman’s photos [athoster(at)gmail.com]
Melissa Melnick’s photos [melissamelnick(at)gmail.com]
- Endurance and speed climbing competitions
- Silent auction with gear donated by many of our generous Sponsors– The North Face, REI, Patagonia, Texas Climbing Adventures, PMI and more!
- Rock-About beginner climbing class for all friends/family members new to climbing or interested in learning more
- Food and drink provided by Which Wich, Jester King Brewery, and 512 Brewing
- Raffle and Prizes- Raffle prizes and awards were generously provided by our sponsors below!
- Awards ceremony- WOW! Congratulations everyone!
- Camping at Rock Dog Campground- it was an incredible night with a slideshow presentation, music, bonfire, and crate-stacking competition!
- Classes, clinics, and activities on Sunday- most of these were unfortunately rained out on Sunday. We’ll hope for better weather next year! Thank you to the following individuals who were willing to donate their time to keep the fun going to Sunday:
- Chere Chancy, a certified Yoga instructor for over 5 years
- Adam Mitchell of Rock-About, an American Mountain Guides Association Single Pitch Instructor and a certified Wilderness First Responder
- Matt Twyman of Crux Climbing Center and former CTM President
- Joel Schopp, current CTM president
- Kimberly Margaret, a certified YogaSlacker and instructor of the YogaSlackers Slackasana series
We’re interested in your feedback! Please fill out the form here to help make next year’s event even better.
Please support this year’s sponsors, who generously donated time, money, gift certificates, and gear to CTM, helping this year’s event be one of our best ever!
Whole Earth | North Face | Crux Climbing Center | Rock Dog Campground | Rock-About | Texas Climbing Adventures | Wich Wich | REI | Patagonia | Sterling Ropes | ClimbTech | Austin Rock Gym | Joshua Tree Skin Care | PMI | Clif Bar | ClimbOn | 512 Brewing Company | Jester King Brewery | Intuitive Massage | Austin Bouldering Project | Five Ten | Mad Rock | Primo Chalk | Ascend Outdoor Adventures | Bearded Brothers | La Sportiva | Metolius | Backwoods | Marmot | Osprey | Prana | Evolv | Solid Rock Climbers for Christ | Red Chili Shoes